Friday 22 November 2013

BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette Review and Swatches

The geek in me with the childhood dreams of being an Astronomer met the adult make up lover in the BH Cosmetics Galaxy Girl palette. When this first came out I was in awe at the beautiful packing and the unique shadows. So of course since it was readily available at a store in Jamaica for a similar price point to that on the BH Cosmetics site, I had to jump in and get one of these babies for myself. And I have no regrets I am in love J


The palette contains 18 baked eyeshadows and according to the BH website, it is “inspired by the moons and planets of the universe, eyeshadows range from hot sun-orange to cool earth-blue and colors of the Milky Way. Be as chic as a sparkling star”. Now tell me. What girl could resist that? When we are all sparking stars. 

The packaging is a very thick card board material throughout and does not feel cheaply made at all. However I wouldn't recommend getting it wet, I am not sure how it would hold up to that. So keep all liquids far away from it. The shadows themselves are dome shaped as it seems most baked shadows are and are fairly large so you do get a good amount of product (Net Wt of 1.27oz/35.4g).

The shadows are quite pigmented as well, the swatches below were done without a primer and most were done with only one swipe. Only the lighter shades I had to build up a bit to get them more vibrate so I did two swipes for those. 


The gorgeous packaging of the Galaxy Chic palette

It comes with a fairly large mirror and is purple on the inside of the palette



First Row L-R: Sun, Jupiter, Prometheus, Aphrodite, Milky Way, Cosmic

Second Row L-R: Saturn, Venus, Meteor, Comet, Earth, Neptune

Third Row L-R: Mercury, Mars, Asteroid, Uranus, Moon, Eclipse 

No comments:

Post a Comment